Revised October 27, 2012
1. The club will be known as “Dixieland Bassmasters.
2. The goal of Dixieland Bassmasters is to utilize our public resources while preserving the natural beauty and welfare for future use.
3. No alcoholic beverages will be allowed in the boat, at tournament sites, or any club meetings.
4. Fiscal year will begin November 1st and end October 31st.
5. All club checks must be signed by one of the current club officers.
6. Members have to be present at meetings for his/her vote to count in club decisions.
7. Members will properly discard all waste products (fishing line, food, drink containers, etc.) at the tournament site. It is recommended that each boat carry a small trash bag for collection of such debris.
8. Tournaments will be held on the second (2nd) Saturday of each month, beginning in February and continuing through October.
9. TBF will not allow any club to schedule tournaments conflicting with the Federation schedule. In the event a scheduling conflict arises, club tournament will be the first (1st) Saturday instead of the second Saturday.
10. Club officers may elect to change scheduled tournaments due to weather.
11. Federation tournament checks for 6 man team: Winnings will be divided with the winning team receiving 60% and 40% will be deposited into Dixieland Bassmasters bank account.
12. Member must fish 5 regular season tournaments to qualify to fish the Classic in October.
13. Classic lake must be drawn from a list of lakes fished during the regular season and will be the last lake drawn. Lake will be determined at the Tuesday meeting prior to the Classic Championship Tournament on Saturday.
14. Classic payout total is determined by the number of boats that fish during the regular season. Number of places paid and amounts, for the Classic, are determined by club officers. There is not an entry fee for the Classic.
15. Classic (October) lake will be off limits from the time it is drawn until tournament begins on Saturday.
16. Regular season (February – September) lakes are not off limits at any time.
17. Annual meeting will be the last Saturday in October.
18. Annual meeting will consist of :
a) Collect yearly dues (rule 19, 67,68, 69)
b) Awards presented for Classic Champions, Big Fish of the year, (rule 20)
1st place (Anglers of the Year), 2nd place and 3rd place (rule 21-B, 21-C, 21-D & 22)
c) Nominating & voting new members in club (rule 23 & 24)
d) Nominating & voting officers for following year (rule 27)
e) Nominating & voting lakes to fish each month, February – September (rule 28 & 29)
f) Addition or change of bylaws and rules for club (rule 30 & 10)
g) Other business which is brought to clubs attention
19. Annual membership will be $85.00 distributed the following:
a) $35.00 will be for club membership for functions, trophies, etc.
b) $15.00 will be for TBF membership
c) $35.00 will be for FLW membership
20. To qualify for “Big Fish” award, member must receive a check for big fish during the season, including the Classic.
21. Point ystem:
a) Meeting points (5) awarded for each team represented at the Tuesday meeting. (1 team member has to be present to receive points.)
b) Tournament Points awarded per place finished – 295 points, reducing by 5 points per place for all members weighing at least 1 legal fish.
c) If a team does not catch a legal fish, they will be awarded 20 points less than the last member point total, weighing a legal fish.
d) Member must fish tournament to receive tournament points.
22. In the event of a tie, by points, for the “Angler of the Year”, 2nd or 3rd place teams, the largest single day weight for the year will be used to determine the winner.
23. New members must be approved by 100% vote of members present at scheduled Tuesday meeting or annual meeting.
25. Termination of club membership will be decided by majority vote.
26. Grounds for termination of club membership are as follows:
a) Dishonor of club by-laws or tournament rules.
b) Anyone that deliberately causes problems among members.
c) Any conduct that could be deemed as detrimental to the club.
27. Election of officers will be determined by majority vote at the annual meeting.
Officers consist of:
b) Vice President
e) Tournament Director
NOTE: Tournament Director will appoint two (2) to complete the Weigh-In Committee.
28. Lakes will not be fished more than 2 times during any regular season (February – September), with the exception of the Classic (October).
29. Lakes will be nominated for each month (Feb – Sep) at the annual meeting. Majority vote determines which lake will be fished in what month.
30. By law and rule changes will only be done at the annual meeting and will remain in effect until the following annual meeting with the exception of scheduling conflicts with the Alabama Bass Federation Qualifier Tournaments and rule 10.
31. Scheduled monthly meetings will be Tuesday before the tournament on Saturday at Superior Auto Care, 8842 US Highway 431, Albertville, Alabama 35950 @ 7:00 pm. (February – October)
32. Monthly meetings will consist of :
a) Collect entry fee for following Saturday tournament (rule 33, 34, 35, 36,67, 68, 69)
b) Member roll call (rule 21-A)
c) Nominating & voting new members in club (rule 23 & 24)
d) Nominating & voting launch sites for Saturday tournament (rule 37, 38, 10)
e) Drawing tournament positions for blast off order (rule 39)
f) Drawing blast off boat (rule 40)
g) Other business which is brought to clubs attention
33. Tournament fees MUST be paid at the Tuesday meeting prior to the Saturday tournament.
34. Tournament fees will be accepted as long as there is an officer at Tuesday meeting to accept payment.
35. Tournament entry fees will be $40.00 per boat.
36. Big fish pot is $10.00 per boat and is OPTIONAL.
37. Launch site will be determined at the Tuesday meeting, the previous month.
38. Tuesday night meeting in February, there will be 2 launch sites voted. Launch site for the February and March tournaments. All other Tuesday meetings, only launch site for lake fished on following Saturday will be voted.
39. Team’s present at the Tuesday meeting and fishing the tournament on Saturday, will draw numbers to determine blast-off order.
40. Team’s not present @ Tuesday meeting, fishing the tournament on Saturday, will be drawn out by club officers to determine their blast-off number and will follow all teams which are present. Last team drawn will be blast-off boat. If member pays after meeting is adjourned, last member paying, after meeting is adjourned, will replace blast off boat drawn during meeting.
41. All fish must be weighed in by the Tournament Director or Weigh-in Committee to be eligible for season points. In the event that the Tournament Director or one or both of the Weigh-in Committee is absent, club officers will conduct the weigh-in.
42. Fish weighed in will become the property of Dixieland Bassmasters.
43. Tournament questions or complaints must be voiced at the tournament site in the presence of two (2) club officers. Any complaint not voiced in this manner will not be discussed.
44. Any dispute in team weight should be voiced at the time the fish are being weighed. After weight has been called out and written down, it is final.
45. Tournament Payout is as follows:
a) 1st place: $300.00 (1 – 7 boats)
b) 2nd place: $150.00 (8 – 11 boats)
c) 3rd place: $100.00 (12 – 15 boats)
d) 4th place: $ 60.00 (16 – 19 boats)
e) 5th place: $ 50.00 (20 + boats)
f) Big Fish: 100% payback – determined by how many boats pay into big fish pot.
46. Tournaments will follow the “Buddy Tournament” format; however one member may fish solo.
47. In the event that one member is left without a partner, inner-club substitutions may be made. During inner-club substitutions, each members catch will count toward his/her team and fish will be kept and weighed separately.
48. “Immediate family members” and anyone under the age of 16 will be allowed to be a fill-in for partner. Teams catch will be kept and weighed together.
Immediate family member: parents, step parents, sister, brother, children, step children, grandparents, step grandparents, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, aunts and uncles.
49. During tournament hours, no boat is to be within 100 feet of another boat, who is anchored with the trolling motor up. The only exception is tournament blast-off, weigh-in, or mechanical failure.
50. NO trailering of boats, unless there is severe weather, or boat failure.
51. In the event of mechanical failure, member may trailer the boat for repairs, if time permits. Member must notify a club officer, either by telephone or leaving a note.
52. Blast-off will be “Safe Light” which will be determined and announced by the Tournament Director.
53. Weigh-in time will be 3:00 p.m.
54. All members must wear a life jacket while the boat is on plane.
55. Teams are not allowed to “Lock-Through” at any lake during tournaments.
56. Largemouth Bass, Spotted Bass and Smallmouth Bass ONLY are allowed to be weighed in.
57. No more than 5 fish are allowed in live wells during tournament hours. Each team or solo MUST cull on the 6th keeper fish boated.
58. All fish weighed in must meet or exceed the legal length based on the lake being fished with the minimum length being no less than 12 inches.
59. The penalty for weighing in an illegal fish is: Loss of illegal fish AND largest fish OR 2 pounds, WHICHEVER is GREATER. The Tournament Director or weigh-in committee will make the decision and will be final.
60. There will be an 8 ounce (1/2 pound) penalty for each dead fish. Dead fish will be determined by tournament director or weigh-in committee and will be final.
61. Any team late for the weigh-in will be penalized 1 pound per minute. After 10 minutes, the team is disqualified.
62. Dip nets are allowed.
63. Anglers are allowed to fish with only one (1) rod at a time.
64. NO live bait will be allowed.
65. NO trolling is allowed.
66. NO fishing from the bank or structure.
67. Yearly dues and entry fees can be paid by Credit Card, Debit Card or Checking Account through PayPal on Dixieland Bassmasters website (www.dixieland-bassmasters.com).
68. PayPal payments will be accepted until 12:00 midnight on Monday prior to Tuesday meeting.
69. There will be a transaction fee of 2.9% of total plus .30 per transaction, which is non-refundable, to use this service.
Total PayPal amounts to pay, including transaction fees, are:
Description Charges PayPal Payment
a) Tournament Entry Fee 50.00 51.80
b) Individual Club Dues (1) 85.00 87.85
c) Individual Club Dues (1) & Tournament Entry Fee 135.00 139.34
d) Team Club Dues (2) 170.00 175.39
e) Team Club Dues (2) & Tournament Entry Fee 220.00 226.88
Go to “Home Page” on website (www.dixieland-bassmasters.com)
Click on the PayPal drop down menu
Click on description to pay
Verify your choice and amount is correct
Click “Pay Now” button
Payment can be made by (personal PayPal or checking account, credit card, debit card)
Enter payment information
Click “Review and Continue” button & review “Order Summary Information”
Click “Pay Now” button to complete transaction
Print or write down “Receipt Number” for confirmation of payment
Confirmation email will be sent with the “SUBJECT” being “Your payment to Paul Ponder” FROM “Service @ PayPal.com”
Date and Time stamp will be on confirmation
Payment will appear on payment statement as “PayPal * Ponder”
Club will receive payment confirmation within 3 minutes